Wednesday, April 13, 2011

There's always SOME excuse

You know what's funny? When friends suggest guys that you may be compatible with, however they were already someone you had considered in the past. This has happened a couple of times, and it makes me a little sad. I know that inshallah they'll be someone out there for me, but usually the reason why these guys aren't interested in me, is because I don't fit their ideal of a perfect wife. They don't even bother to give it a chance, or to see how things may go. I mean, I'm not saying we have to date or anything, but at least we could talk and get to know each other better, and at least see if we want the same things. Unfortunately, guys do not seem to care. They figure if they aren't attracted to the girl, then nothing. I mean, there are guys I'm not attracted to, but I give them a chance. I try to talk to them at least so that I can see if we're compatible and not just writing them off. Sadly, guys don't seem to think the same way.

What I also don't like, are guys who don't consider you because you don't wear a hijab! Islam is as important to me as the next girl, but no guy would ever know that unless he gets to know me better...which they don't because they assume if I don't wear a hijab, I don't care! I know some hijabi girls who do not act modest at all...in other words they date, and do a whole bunch of other unIslamic things. I'm not saying I"m perfect, or saying I'm better than anyone, I just mean that it's not fair that no one gives us non-hijabi girls a chance. I have never dated any guys, and yet I know so many hijabis that have. However, guys don't care about that, because they won't give me a chance! It upsets me that guys can be so rude like that! My mother gets mad at me if I don't give a guy a chance, but all the guys in the world can judge me and not give ME a chance because they're MEN! It's completely ridiculous!

Honestly, being brown and dealing with this whole marriage business gives me a headache. I'm just going to wait for my Muslim Prince Charming to make his way to my house and let me know he's the one. I'm tired of searching any more!

No comments: