Tuesday, August 11, 2009

(500) Days of Summer

I recently watched (500) Days of Summer with one of my friends, and I was greatly impressed! I had wanted to watch it since I was shown the first trailer a few months ago by one of my good friends. Though with many movies I get excited to watch, when I actually DO watch them, I tend to get disappointed as I had made high expectations for the movie. Thus I was greatly relieved when the move turned out to be exceptional! Now, I don't want to give away the movie, so I'll give you the basics: the movie starts Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tom Hansen and Zooey Deschanel as Summer Finn. The plot revolves around Tom and Zooey and their whirlwind office romance, and the many stages it goes through (the good, the bad and the ugly). Like I said, I don't want to give away too much, but the main thing I liked about this film, was that it was not your classic boy meets girl movie. There were times when I'd turn to my friend, or she'd turn to me and say, "Oh, I know what's going to happen next!" only to be completely surprised! Definitely a movie I would go watch again, as well as buy on DVD (to add to my growing collection). I also found the soundtrack to be quite good as well! I have posted my favourite scene from the movie, and though there are no spoilers, I would suggest for those of you who really want to see the movie, to watch it after you've seen it. Only because it was such an awesome scene, and it was even more awesome because it was so unexpected (although I believe I've seen a part of it in some of the trailers/previews).



Anyway, that's really all I wanted to say, oh and I have started a photoblog for all the pictures I have taken/will take. If you're curious, it can be found here: The World Through Queen Sheba's Eyes

It's not much, but I'm hoping people will provide criticisms, suggestions or what not, which will in turn help me to become a better photographer. Well, that's really all I had to say!



SA

No comments: