Saturday, June 21, 2008

Skeletons in the Closet

It was raining. Just like it had been for the past few days, every day. It was never expected though. Well, the weather man would say that there would be rain in the forecast, but he'd been so off lately, that no one paid any attention to him any longer. Who could blame him though? With global warming, nowadays, nothing made sense in the world (at least weather-wise). I sighed. It was going to be one of those days again. I jumped off the window seat (I was sick of looking at the rain rolling down the window). I figured, if it was going to be a gloomy day, might as well do something that I had been meaning to put off on brighter days. As I stood, I gazed around the room. Well, there was a lot of work to be done there! My room had looked like it had been in the path of a hurricane! My mother always complained of the mess, but I never really got into the mood of finishing it. I would always start, with dreams of a clean, and organized room, but then would get distracted and stop. I sighed again. I guess this was as good a chance as any to tackle the mountainous task before me. Where to start? I eyed my room. The drawers seemed like a good place to begin, but I knew that there was nothing inside; at least nothing exciting! I looked at my closet. I knew there were tons of secrets that lay behind those doors. Old pictures, cards, notes that had been passed in class, and long since been forgotten. Things that had seemed of such great importance, that now, were just silly. I smiled. That would be a perfect place to start! I rolled up my sleeves, and walked towards the doors. This was going to be a trip down memory lane. I don't know if I was at all prepared by what secrets had been buried behind those doors, but whatever lay hidden there, was going to make this gloomy day a lot more interesting!

To be continued...

No comments: